Is this oil gonna cause problems??

Webster

Hi, I'm thinking about buying an A3 1.6tdi  14 plate but have a couple concerns.... any comments appreciated :-)

1.  Has had long life service at Audi @ 18k. Next service at 36k was done by carshop who serviced it a few more times. The reciept just says 'Bulk Oil'  I doubt they used WV 5.07 oil, but they say they did use 5w-30 oil.  Its now done 70k. It was regularly serviced but I worried not using 5.07 might have damaged the engine., for future problems.   Is this likely ??

2. Enggine seems quiet enough, but I can hear a rapid high pitched clicking at back of engine, I assume this is the injectors. Is this normal?

Thanks for any views here!

Hello Bruce, 

‘......Serviced at Carshop at 36K.............and a few more times ..........now 70K’. Are you sure this was service 5 times in 35k miles? 

Can we assume you have seen invoices for these services, or have you just seen stamps in a book? 

If you are sure it has indeed been serviced at these intervals, then I would not be too concerned about the Brand x oil, assuming good quality filters have been used. 

No doubt the seller (dealer?) will be offering to service the car before you buy it, and if so, you may well end up with Brand x oil again. 

Re noise? If you are serious about buying this car, then I would be opting for an independent inspection at an Audi dealer or an independent, before agreeing to purchase it. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.