A6 Spare parts

Peter B

Hi guys, newbie here.

I'm throwing myself at your mercy that someone (anyone?) might be able to help.

Around four weeks ago, I was involved in an accident, through no fault of my own, whereby someone ran a red light and I subsequently, ran into them.

Long story short, I have an A6 2.4l V6 which I purchased last October and I am particularly enamoured with, to say the least. The third party admitted liability and we went through the insurance process.

Being as my car is a 2001 model (pristine condition, FSH, every conceivable repair done with receipts, under 80k miles) they decided it was uneconomical to repair. Insurance companies, eh?

I argued my position that it was merely cosmetic damage (pictures below) and as such, I would like the opportunity to repair the vehicle and get it back on the road. The engineer from the insurance company, after some debate, agreed to categorise it as a Cat. N. (non-structural) write off.

I found a body shop (through a family friend) that said they'd take on the repair, under the proviso that given its age, he'd source second hand parts and simply spray the required colour and fit. After a bit of radio silence for a week or two, he's now come back saying due to its age, he's having more trouble than anticipated getting the parts.

My question is, could anyone point me in the direction of a scrap dealer/aftermarket supplier of the parts required?  

Many thanks for reading. I hope someone can help.

IMG_3992.PNG

IMG_E3887.JPG

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

Hello Peter,

Thanks for being in touch.

As Kev says, in addition to listing your ‘wants’ on on line car breaker sits such as Partsfinder - there are more. 

Rather surprised this was categorised as non structural - quite nasty, and I would have thought not cheap to repair. 

Hope you find your parts.

Kind regards,

Gareth.