WiFi

Toucanxoo

I am pretty sure its an embedded Sim that you can pay an extortionate amount for data. Or add your own sim under the arm rest but that will then use your data for the traffic services etc rather than the built in one. I personally have not bothered with it as it's only my daughter that will use data in the car and she has her own data connection with her phone.

2 minutes ago, Jinxit said:

I am pretty sure its an embedded Sim that you can pay an extortionate amount for data. Or add your own sim under the arm rest but that will then use your data for the traffic services etc rather than the built in one. I personally have not bothered with it as it's only my daughter that will use data in the car and she has her own data connection with her phone.

Yeah I saw the link saying this is how you get data on the e-sim.  I don't really want to go the Audi route and I do have an e-sim in my iPhone so was just wondering if it was the same for the Audi.  I have 3 kids and at home they use wireless but out and about they use my Wife's data.  Was thinking it could save me money.

I think the only way it could save money is if you can find a good data package and put that sim in the car. But then you would have that expense of an extra SIM card. I guess its 6 of one and half a dozen of another. Certainly wouldn't use the Audi data plan. Its very expensive considering you can get a SIM card for about £10 a month for 30gb (smarty).

2 minutes ago, Jinxit said:

I think the only way it could save money is if you can find a good data package and put that sim in the car. But then you would have that expense of an extra SIM card. I guess its 6 of one and half a dozen of another. Certainly wouldn't use the Audi data plan. Its very expensive considering you can get a SIM card for about £10 a month for 30gb (smarty).

Thats what I was looking at £15 for 40gb.  Means my kids would not all need data on their phone individually.  Only the oldest really goes anywhere on his own yet to actually need it not in the house or the car.

It's an option. I think you just put the SIM in the slot in the armrest. I haven't done it but it should work. Just remember your over the air updates and traffic etc will then also use your data.