All season tyres

Rutland

Can anyone tell me if they’ve fitted all season tyres to their Allroad ? If so what were the results like - and which tyres did you go for. 
255/45x19 seems an awkward size for tyres. 
Your help and advice is appreciated!

Hello Ian,

Probably a cynical opinion, but the relatively recent promotion of winter tyres in U.K. - seemingly an understandable legal? requirement in certain countries, was then followed by a so called cross climate tyre. These tyres are reputed to be suitable for summer and winter use, but the logic would follow that these are a ‘compromise’ tyre. 

The question to ask then is - do we have a significant number of snow days across the country in an average year, to justify moving to a compromise situation throughout the remainder of the year? 

As I see it, the answer to that question will be the decider on whether these tyres are generally needed throughout the average weather over the year. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth and thanks for your reply. The reason is simple. I had a Ford Kuga AWD which in its OEM Hankooks struggled on wet grass. Once I fitted Goodyear Vector 4 seasons it was transformed. I do spend time on field edges and muddy tracks in my Allroad hence the question. I’m just looking to maximise its adaptability. 
A set of slightly more aggressive treaded tyres may be better - they may be a waste. Hence why I turned to his forum for advice before spending.