2021 SQ7 Side Steps

MikeO

Hi everyone, I have a Q7 and just about to trade it in for an SQ7 Vorsprung. Unfortunately due to emissions et al, Audi won't fit any side steps to the vehicle which I have grown to love on my current Q7 Vorsprung. Does anyone have information that would allow me to research getting some fitted in the UK by a responsible partner and post the dealer sale and whether that would affect the car when returning it under PPC? I could simply have them removed if that's acceptable too at that time, but I'm hoping its possible and others have done this successfully. I'm not bothered about speed and dynamics as I'm sure it would still be a nice mover but with better access management 🙂  Many thanks, Mike

• 3 months later...

On 2/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, MikeO said:

Hi everyone, I have a Q7 and just about to trade it in for an SQ7 Vorsprung. Unfortunately due to emissions et al, Audi won't fit any side steps to the vehicle which I have grown to love on my current Q7 Vorsprung. Does anyone have information that would allow me to research getting some fitted in the UK by a responsible partner and post the dealer sale and whether that would affect the car when returning it under PPC? I could simply have them removed if that's acceptable too at that time, but I'm hoping its possible and others have done this successfully. I'm not bothered about speed and dynamics as I'm sure it would still be a nice mover but with better access management 🙂  Many thanks, Mike

Hi mate,

I've got a new shape 2020/21 SQ7 Vorsprung and I haven't had any joy getting the side steps. I had every dealer possible contacted and nobody would supply me a set. If you find a set I'd be greatly interested to see the results as I'd like them on mine!

Aaron

Hi Aaron, I spoke to my insurer who also told me that my insurance would be void if I fitted them. Reason being it apparently isn't recommended due to the stability of the car and the fact that is de-stabilises the sun roof's structural integrity too. I think Audi have lost the plot on this as without the steps I don't actually like the outside but I'm sure its a great drive inside.. I've opted for the Etron GT RS in 6 months time. once I finish my long drives as a consultant!! Even with the long distance promise of circa 300 miles on one charge, that depends how you drive it. Enough said 🙂

• 10 months later...

Did you ever get any further with? I’m keen to get some too. I’m no engineer but destabilising the structural integrity of a sunroof seems a lot of nonsense, what if it’s a black edition without a sunroof!?

Edited by Benski
Spelling mistake

12 hours ago, Benski said:

Did you ever get any further with? I’m keen to get some too. I’m no engineer but destabilising the structural integrity of a sunroof seems a lot of nonsense, what if it’s a black edition without a sunroof!?

If it is the case you have to question the strength of the body shell?! 

In the old days you could just bolt them to the sills on old 4x4s. But think those days are numbered. Insurance companies don't like them due to the risk posed to pedestrians. Same for bullbars.