Rat attack

Petefeet1975

Hi,

I went out yesterday to start my car (2016 A4)and was greeted with following faults.

safety systems fault

start stop systems fault

stabilisation control esc abs fault

cruise control system currently unavailable

audi per sense currently restricted

tyre pressure fault

parking brake fault

drive system fault

adaptive light fault

i have had a mouse or rat in the engine bay doing untold damage to my wires, all I can see damaged is what I have shown in the photo which appears to be a loom going into the ABS pump. My concern is that with this many messages is there another loom that has been chewed through that I haven’t seen yet, or would that one loom to the ABS pump create that many fault codes.

my second problem is how do I fix it, I assume that if that’s the only damage if I could access the wires I would potentially be able to do a repair by soldering in new wire to connect the bits chewed through?

I know it’s not ideal but I cannot afford the potential cost having just spent £2500 getting my ABS pump fixed due to the pressure sensor failing. 

any help gratefully appreciated.......currently I am contemplating putting her up for spares or repair,

E620DB57-A75E-4208-970E-83A6F9546B98.jpeg

8FA657CD-90A6-4132-A63D-04ACB47B32E4.jpeg

You could ask a trusted independent garage for advice?  My wife's A3 started warning of no washer fluid some months ago and our local indy garage found mice had chewed through one of the wires going to the sensor in the washer bottle.  They fixed it easily and cheaply.  I know it's not on the same scale as your issue, but an Audi dealer will probably have to follow official guidance and replace half the parts in your car, whereas a good independent mechanic may find an easier and cheaper solution.

Glen