2 month old Clutch disintergarted

PK UK

Hi

My clutch went just before Christmas, so had a new one put in MOT and off I went.

Last Saturday the clutch wouldn't work pedal from half way but no clutch.

The Garage who fitted it stripped it down and said its Clutch Abuse, most of my miles are on the motorway, so I don't change gear that often compared to town driving.

I have no idea, has anyone on here. the Clutch looks completely wrecked.

Cheers PK

Photo from Paul Kershaw-10-3-21b.jpg

Photo from Paul Kershaw-10-3-21a.jpg

Hello Paul,

Many thanks for being in touch with the forum, and sorry to hear of your issues. 

‘Clutch abuse’? Well, not impossible I guess, but failure within a couple of months?? Your driving style? - Enthusiastic? 

Substandard component?? This may be meaningful, since I doubt if they would have used genuine Audi clutch parts which are usually very expensive. 
If this were mine, I would be asking what make of (aftermarket?) clutch they used, since you might not want them to use that make again.

Perhaps you can fill in a bit more detail for us Paul,

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Borg and Beck, my old clutch was packed in so I presume it was from that.

I have told them to use a different make, I can't seem to get through to the garage, I don't drive like a get away car.

I do speed on the motorway but only as everyone else does, not super fast. I was wondering as the motor gets to proper temp driving for a couple of hours, would this effect the clutch in anyway and cause it to slip?

That's the only thing I can think of around town etc it's normal, I've been driving for 45 years. this is the only clutch I have ever gone through.

OK Paul. Borg and Beck was once a very well respected clutch supplier, and could then have been rated as being amongst the best you needed to buy. Now, a bought-out brand name? -  with the add on value of being able to trade on the reputation built up in its original form, and just the make to impress the grand parents! 
Yes they are available cheaper than many of their competitors, but quality? 
They may be considered to be a worthwhile aftermarket fitment, but for me, I would only use LUK if not using main dealer parts. 
Of course, this is just a personal opinion, and it would be up to you to decide what make you are going to allow the garage to now fit. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.