Central locking issue

aaustin3777

Hi new to this forum. I have seen a few other people with the very same issue so was hoping for some help. Using the key the car will unlock all doors and they make a noise. However it does nothing when I press lock and boot also dosnt open from key or handle but indicators flash when trying from key. And when I try to lock from the barrel in the drivers door only the drivers door will lock. The loom in the door I found three burnt out wires at the plug and fixed that however still the same issue.any ideas will be great thanks.

19 hours ago, aaustin3777 said:

Hi new to this forum. I have seen a few other people with the very same issue so was hoping for some help. Using the key the car will unlock all doors and they make a noise. However it does nothing when I press lock and boot also dosnt open from key or handle but indicators flash when trying from key. And when I try to lock from the barrel in the drivers door only the drivers door will lock. The loom in the door I found three burnt out wires at the plug and fixed that however still the same issue.any ideas will be great thanks.

Hi I think your problem may be the rear boot handle, I have seen this before with other cars where the inside of the boot handle corrodes its only a box with a rubber covering with two sets of contact pads when working as normal and pressing the handle the contacts connect and run the handle to earth which makes the boot latch retract, there should be a boot release in the cabin somewhere  which opens the boot so you can access the boot handle to make a repair via whatever trim needs removing.

Steve.

2 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi I think your problem may be the rear boot handle, I have seen this before with other cars where the inside of the boot handle corrodes its only a box with a rubber covering with two sets of contact pads when working as normal and pressing the handle the contacts connect and run the handle to earth which makes the boot latch retract, there should be a boot release in the cabin somewhere  which opens the boot so you can access the boot handle to make a repair via whatever trim needs removing.

Steve.

22 hours ago, aaustin3777 said:

Really appreciate this mate. Would this cause the locking issue aswell or just the boot?

Hi, it may well cause other problems depending on how they are wired for example on some Toyota Avensis models the boot handle failure causes the rear doors to stay shut but the other two fronts will lock and unlock from the key fob, easiest way to test is if you get the boot open hold the boot partially open and keep pressing the handle if its ok you should hear a clicking down near the latching point this will be the latch being activated, if you cant hear it it may well be your problem, I take it you don't have VCDS as all the locking mechanism is monitored and it will show which one is not playing ball, see if you can find someone in your area that can read it as the £40 is money well spent to find out where the exact fault is.

Steve.