A7 Black Edition Tyres

Chris jenkins

Here’s a update I have a Audi A7 Black Edition bought the car 16 months ago when I bought the car it had brand new Tyres fitted they were Dunlop Gt Maxxx tyres & they simply didn’t last thought I might have had a bad batch so bought another set of the same tyres & again the outer tyre walls went again I Done Some Investigations & Found Out that Dunlop / Goodyear knew about this problem back in 2017 But did Nothing about it .I contacted Audi Uk who told me the tyres that were put on the car when Built in the factory were Continental SP5 & I also found out that Dunlop had been mixing the Wrong Compound Rubber when making tyres for either the 19inch Rim & 21 inch Rim But again No Recall from the Manufacture they have tried to sweep this under the Carpet & they only offered me 25% of the tyre when it was sent back to Germany for Testing . So I have Contacted Trading Standards & they are Now taking it up With Dunlop Goodyear. In the 16months that I have had the car I have gone through 8 tyres & the Second set Didn’t even give me 4000 miles . My advice if anybody else has had problems with Dunlop Gt Max tyres in either 19 or 21 inch rim Please Contact Trading Standards as they are now taking up the fight with the manufacture. On the plus signs I have had great Repours with both the Tyre Retailer who sold me the tyres & also the Wholesaler who have Given me Big Discount on my Continental SP5 Tyres the Tyre Retailer & Wholesaler Helped me But the Manufacture Did Very Little . When I have final outcome from Trading Standards will Post the update here 

Shame on You Dunlop Goodyear Very Poor Customer Services 

The Tyre Doctor Your Not 

Hello Chris,

Thanks for passing on your findings. 
Re. Trading Standards are now sorting it out - sounds great, but the days of the old local TS have long gone, and been replaced by a national centre which logs all complaints and may even issue you with reference numbers etc. Whether they have any obligation, or much intent, of keeping you updated on their findings/progress is another thing. 
Of course they may do, but personally, I would not hang my hat on the principle that ‘they are now going to sort it out’. 
Perhaps you can hopefully keep us posted on how you get on Chris. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.