Windshield

AudiA38V2015

Hello,

i had my windshield replaced at the authorized audi service. Later I found out that the new one has more frits (black dots). Any one know why? And the rain sensor does not work. If i put my wiper into out they will just work even if its not raining

D7A7CA5F-7C8B-46A6-BE3B-ABF4A6B34093.jpeg

3EB5B8F7-F76F-490E-A9CD-23DF82E4B9A4.jpeg

Hi my guess is its the wrong screen, I had that problem  with another car a few years ago and it is where the dots cover the sensor eye so it thinks that its raining permanently as the sensor eye is pacified via the dots, the screen fitted is obviously for another version of your model where the rain sensor sits further down the screen in a clear patch, I think this one is down to them so don't take any twaddle they serve up as those dots should not cover the sender, if I were you I would find your nearest Autoglass centre and get them to have a look just to make sure.

Regards Steve.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AudiA38V2015 said:

This new sceeen has too many frits

Yep, and thats whats blind siding the rain sensor and making it think its being rained on all the time, the sensor works on the principle of rain landing on the clear part of the windscreen in front of it when the water reaches the level that it starts to cut the light level to the sensor it fires the automatic wipe function, I think you now have what is a pacified area with the dots which appears to the sensor as a major downpour, and yes to many.

Steve.

Hi well done the pictures are very helpful, the dots are not hiding the sensor therefore I think the only other thing it could be is that a new sensor comes with the screen and is bonded to it either thats faulty or they have tried to get away with fitting the old receiver unit, both must be renewed when replacing the screen, therefore I would say it still down to them.

Regards Steve.

20 minutes ago, AudiA38V2015 said:

But I am very curious why does it has too manu frits/black dots?

Hi maybe they have modified the screens pacified area to address a problem they had on later higher spec models your guess is as good as mine, like I said try asking the advice of the local Autoglass depot as they are normally very helpful and probably know the real answer to your question.

Steve.

• Thanks 1