DPF Light came on, few niggles that need to fix if anyones got good pointers?

WorldUK

Hello all!

Got myself a 15 plate A6 Avant, 2.0Tdi, Ultra, STronic. since getting it havent done much driving, only work and home and few shops so gone slow and not many miles. Today seen DPF light come on, went to Mway right away and in 5 minutes light went off, should i be worried about it or just do a longer trip weekly? (Due current restrictions dont drive as much as when all open haha). 

Its 2015, with 73k miles on it. 

Second, anyone got ideas how to fix audio button on centre console, when turn it slow is ok, but when turn bit faster then goes down to 0 or just jumps down on volume, can this be fixed or replaced ? 

Third, the press to pop open fuel flap doesnt work, previous owner broke it i think, so what i need to buy to get it fixed? Read about some solenoid and taking surround off ect? 

Otherwise loving it, great to drive vs my 09 plate A4. 

Hi, first question, don't use supermarket fuel as that will clog the DPF faster than blinking, google in Hydra fuel products they do a very good Dpf cleaner for people that only do short journeys add that to the appropriate amount of fuel and go for a blast for twenty mins.

The audio button is replaceable there is a video on youtube about how to remove the centre console with buttons, get a s/h one off eBay, with regard to the fuel flap if you look at it when open is the little black button still on the left inner, if so give it a good soaking in WD40 and work the button in and out, my button does it and thats how I cure mine its a rubbish design.

Steve.

Okay thank you will look into hydra products. 

Not sure what previous owner had in tank but i filled with Vpower from Shell. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 9:50 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi, first question, don't use supermarket fuel as that will clog the DPF faster than blinking, google in Hydra fuel products they do a very good Dpf cleaner for people that only do short journeys add that to the appropriate amount of fuel and go for a blast for twenty mins.

The audio button is replaceable there is a video on youtube about how to remove the centre console with buttons, get a s/h one off eBay, with regard to the fuel flap if you look at it when open is the little black button still on the left inner, if so give it a good soaking in WD40 and work the button in and out, my button does it and thats how I cure mine its a rubbish design.

Steve.

This inner thing on fuel flap?

20210502_113729.jpg

20210502_113734.jpg

Hi, yes whats left of it, its definitely knackered have a look on youtube from memory there is a video on how to remove the filler assembly I seem to remember that you go in from the back after removing the side trim in the boot, I will have a look at my parts system and see if I can get a part number for you as I am pretty sure its the same part for most models, thank god for globalisation, if not I have a couple of good numbers for Audi recyclers who do mail order.

Regards Steve.

Hi the part number you require is 8V0 862 153B, this is the updated part no should you have a burning desire to spend about sixty quid with Audi, if you want to get it a lot cheaper go on eBay and use part number 4L0862153D they even have genuine VAG units for around twenty five quid, lets face it they all end up the same, BTW if you remove the trim its only one bolt holding the unit onto the filler unit.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...