Warning light limp mode

SteveC1

Hi I have just brought an 09 A4 2lt turbo diesel -m the orange glow plug light has come on twice now, it goes into limp mode - if i turn off the engine and restart - it turns off and all is ok -- any ideas ?

3 hours ago, SteveC1 said:

Hi I have just brought an 09 A4 2lt turbo diesel -m the orange glow plug light has come on twice now, it goes into limp mode - if i turn off the engine and restart - it turns off and all is ok -- any ideas ?

Hi get the car plugged in and diagnosed so that you have the codes for whatever is wrong, other than that it could be a sensor,EGR valve, sticky turbo vanes, DPF, the list is endless and without codes I wouldn't care to speculate.

Steve.

2 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi get the car plugged in and diagnosed so that you have the codes for whatever is wrong, other than that it could be a sensor,EGR valve, sticky turbo vanes, DPF, the list is endless and without codes I wouldn't care to speculate.

Steve.

2 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Steve.

Cheers yep looks like sticking turbo vanes

Hi before condemning the turbo try giving it a good blast with Lucas turbo and ego cleaner which is simply sprayed down the air intake pipe while the engine is running that should loosen it, my money is on a worn EGR valve which won't normally show up a code until knackered but is still capable of leaking extra gas  which in turn eventually clogs the turbo and kills the cat.

Steve.