Headlight Information

SiSmith

Hi all, loads of good stuff on here to keep me busy reading however I could do with a bit of advice.

My drivers side headlight glass has broken - probably got some water in the unit too now - and now get message on dash saying dipped and high beam not working.  I was going to replace the whole unit but I've looked high and low and all these parts sites and none of the units seem to match the oen number or part number of the unit I have in there.  There are a few on eBay that match but they are nearly as much as Audi want for one plus all seem to have damage and tag missing.  I'll attach a photo of the info, if anyone can advise a replacement that would be much appreciated as Audi won't give me any help with part numbers and matching/suitable units.

Ideally I would like to get a new one - think they are Hella units originally.

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_20210516_120953.jpg

IMG_20210516_121023.jpg

Hi you can buy a new glass a lot cheaper than a new unit, it all depends if you fancy taking the headlight out and have the patience to take the old lens off, plenty of videos on the subject on youtube.

Steve.

1 minute ago, SiSmith said:

Hi Steve, thanks for the advice, any good suppliers/websites you could recommend to get one from??

Si

Hi pretty much any where on the web or eBay, its a bit of a pain to do but I did the lenses on my old Mondeo you will need a good quality sealant to glue the new one in and almost surgical skill to trim the excess when cured but in view of the cost saving its well worth the effort, have a gander at the youtube vids first to get an idea of whats involved and some of them from memory have links to where you can buy what you need.

Steve.