Jump to content

Remote central locking fault


Steve Q
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all, 

Needing some help regarding my 02 a6 central locking as it stopped working and the alarm was sounding. It has been to the garage and auto electrician who between them have fitted a new drivers door module and repaired the alarm issue. 

However the remote locking isn't working and both the auto electrician and garage don't know why. According to the electrician the keys are talking to the car but the car isn't sending a signal back. The auto electrician believes it to be a faulty module or wiring issue but couldnt get to the bottom of it.  

Does anyone know if there's another module controlling the remote locking or whether it's managed by the ccm? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

hi mate did you ever get to the bottom of this issue i have recently just purchased an a6 2.5 non quattro 

i have not had a chance to go right though the car as yet but one of the faults were the central locking needed to open manually with key if there is any hidden modules or relays relating to this would be great to know about

if there other posts answering this apoligys in advance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, s29 said:

faults were the central locking needed to open manually with key if there is any hidden modules or relays relating to this would be great to know about

Is the key battery ok ?

Try this      

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thankyou for your replys gents 

sorry to hear you have not found your issue as yet steve

roy thanks for that mate il give that a try soon as i get back to the garage ive not had the time as yet to check key funnily enough it comes with 2 keys ones been cut (not standard audi) but also has what looks like the Audi standard key

will take some fresh batterys next time i am up 

really want to take the time to get everything working on this car as its only done 66 thousand miles 54 plate final edition

il try to get some pictures next time i am up 

thanks again s.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, s29 said:

Thankyou for your replys gents 

sorry to hear you have not found your issue as yet steve

roy thanks for that mate il give that a try soon as i get back to the garage ive not had the time as yet to check key funnily enough it comes with 2 keys ones been cut (not standard audi) but also has what looks like the audi standard key

will take some fresh batterys next time i am up 

really want to take the time to get everything working on this car as its only done 66 thousand miles 54 plate final edition

il try to get some pictures next time i am up 

thanks again s.

 

66k was that the one on autotrader? Black estate 2.5? 

My 2.5 is on 341k on the original engine and gearbox which have never been rebuilt 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 6:10 PM, Steve Q said:

66k was that the one on autotrader? Black estate 2.5? 

My 2.5 is on 341k on the original engine and gearbox which have never been rebuilt 🙂

Nah was a local garage owner had passed away sadly 

the clutch has went on my bmw compact and was offered this bit more practical for kids and moving stuff about

341k is your an auto ? must be pampered lol  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2022 at 9:14 PM, s29 said:

Nah was a local garage owner had passed away sadly 

the clutch has went on my bmw compact and was offered this bit more practical for kids and moving stuff about

341k is your an auto ? must be pampered lol  

Very nice. Nope 6 speed manual. It certainly is lol. But we have had it from new so it's sentimental. 

Not going to lie not need some cosmetics but whilst she's still doing major road trips I said I wouldn't do the bodywork as guaranteed id have Ito done up then someone would crash into it on a roadtrip. I've got it set up on Instagram and Twitter if you're on there. It has a Facebook page too but I'm still setting that up. I'm off to Germany in less than two weeks to take it back to where it was built 🙂

Screenshot_2022-09-02-11-43-25-33_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-02-11-43-42-43_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership