Which load guard accessories should I get?

jeek

Hi everyone!  

New member here.  I previously had an 11-plate C6 A6 Avant Le Mans that I loved but after a few recent camping trips with the kids we realised we wanted something a bit bigger to carry all our stuff (even with a roof box).  We also fancied something with 7 seats so we could occasionally take our parents on trips with us rather than having to take 2 cars. So I part-ex'd it for a 67-plate Q7.  

The Q7 is lovely but after purchasing I realised it doesn't have any kind of load guard.  We need something as when we go camping with the 2 back seats down, we're likely to fill the boot to the brim and don't want dangerous projectiles in the car if we need to stop quickly. The A6 had the retractable net load guard built-in as a separate piece that went under the boot cover and you could pull up and clip to the ceiling.  The Q7 owner's manual shows that they did have a load-guard option and it has similar anchor points for the guard to clip into, but nothing came with this car.

Can anyone recommend a good load guard?  I've looked at some of the dog guards but since we don't have a dog I don't want to buy something that's overkill.  A net-based one might give a bit more flexibility in terms of squeezing stuff in.  I've considered the travall and guardsman dog guards as they look decent, but they're also reasonably expensive.  I can't find the official load guard on sale anywhere (but assume it'd be ridiculously expensive anyway, plus I'm not sure how good it is).

Finally - I also think we need a boot liner and boot sill protector.  Some of the camping stuff is really heavy (the tent is 60KG! 😅) and I'm worried about loading damage.  Any recommendations on brands?  Rubber liner-mats seem to cost anywhere between £15 and £150.  I don't want cheap and cheerful but don't want to be ripped-off if they're all the same either!

Thanks in advance