Electric windows and Central Locking

NobbyonDaNET

Basically months ago I had a battery problem and had to replace the battery. At th he time I had no problems with the central locking of the key or windows but after the battery was changed to an OEM standard replacement these things dont work at all. The only things working is the speaker and mirror control.. it's been plugged in loads of times with no codes and looked st th he wiring and seems theres no breaks i can find.. Anyone got any ideas it's doing my tree in ?

Hi did you have the BEM recoded to accept the new battery, the foolproof way to change the battery is to have a spare power supply to the jump terminals when changing as this prevents the window and any other ancillary from loosing its codings.

Steve.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi did you have the BEM recoded to accept the new battery, the foolproof way to change the battery is to have a spare power supply to the jump terminals when changing as this prevents the window and any other ancillary from loosing its codings.

Steve.

No mate just swapped it over.. Done it before with no issues except resetting the window auto part by sending the windows all the way down then up.. This time tho neither windows or central locking works an no codes reported 

8 minutes ago, NobbyonDaNET said:

No mate just swapped it over.. Done it before with no issues except resetting the window auto part by sending the windows all the way down then up.. This time tho neither windows or central locking works an no codes reported 

Hi that would suggest that you got away with it last time, but the fact that you have no recognised codings to allow the can gateway to initiate the commands to those functions the BCM thinks they don't exist, hence no codes believe me I did it with a BMW they all work on similar principals and the Audis are all documented on line for doing this, Google it and see.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:08 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi that would suggest that you got away with it last time, but the fact that you have no recognised codings to allow the can gateway to initiate the commands to those functions the BCM thinks they don't exist, hence no codes believe me I did it with a BMW they all work on similar principals and the Audis are all documented on line for doing this, Google it and see.

Someone else said that too that the codes on the door parts are lost and cant find them to operate them

46 minutes ago, NobbyonDaNET said:

Someone else said that too that the codes on the door parts are lost and cant find them to operate them

Hi keeping the power supply continuity preserves the codings until you register the new battery, as if you don't marry the new battery up with the BEM it carries on overcharging the new battery and kills it in record time. Try emailing Ross Tech with your problem my friend did it with a steering sqib on a Passat  and they told him how to recover the codes.

Steve.