RS7 - Looking for advice on buying used

xocbc

Hello - new member and first post.

I’ve spent the last few months trying to decide between a CLS63s or a RS7 - probably a 2016 model- I’ve now decided that my preference is a RS7.

Has anyone got a link to a buyers guide or tips on what I should be looking out for when viewing cars?

I’ve read about issues with turbo failure due to oil screens getting blocked - how much of an issue is this and if viewing a used car/short test drive are there any symptoms I should be looking out for. I’ve read that frequent oil changes can help so will be looking carefully at service history etc.

I’ll be avoiding anything with very high mileage, but almost all cars of this age are at independent dealers or private sale so obviously concerned about engine issues given that they are around £40-£45k to buy without whatever peace of mind a main dealer warranty would give.

Any advice much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My advice ( being a owner of a RS7 C8 ) is look at the service history. see if the oil screen problem has caused an issue. The amount of oil and filter changes its had! I've been a owner of quite a few  turbocharged cars in the past and as a rule of thumb, changed the oil and filter every 5,000 miles after using a engine flush. By this method I've not experienced any problems to date over the past 25 years.  poor servicing can contribute to Turbo and engine damage.

Try and avoid chipped ECU's or excessive engine mods. I think the C7 model has a performance spec done by Audi to over 600HP anyway. The RS7 is a fast car with impressive acceleration. remapping and modding if not done right can cause catastrophic engine and turbo damage.

I hope this little bit of advice will help you in deciding.

Kind regards,

Lloyd 

22 hours ago, Lloyd RS7 said:

Hi,

My advice ( being a owner of a RS7 C8 ) is look at the service history. see if the oil screen problem has caused an issue. The amount of oil and filter changes its had! I've been a owner of quite a few  turbocharged cars in the past and as a rule of thumb, changed the oil and filter every 5,000 miles after using a engine flush. By this method I've not experienced any problems to date over the past 25 years.  poor servicing can contribute to Turbo and engine damage.

Try and avoid chipped ECU's or excessive engine mods. I think the C7 model has a performance spec done by Audi to over 600HP anyway. The RS7 is a fast car with impressive acceleration. remapping and modding if not done right can cause catastrophic engine and turbo damage.

I hope this little bit of advice will help you in deciding.

Kind regards,

Lloyd 

Thanks Lloyd.

I will be avoiding anything modified/mapped and carefully examining the service history.

560/597bhp is more than enough!