New to site

knight hunter

Hello Stephen, 

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident, and hope you are reasonably OK. 
I would be keeping a close eye on what the insurance company are proposing to pay you out as a total loss, since all later vehicles have increased in price of late - possibly since you renewed your insurance. You will need to do as much searching as you can to get the very broad experience of what similar mileage and specification examples are currently retailing at. Bear in mind that the advertised prices are far more likely to be non negotiable - than they were. 

Another point of doom (apologies for this but should be appreciated):- even if the accident was of no fault of your own, and even when you get your excess reimbursed by the lorry owners insurance, your premium is more than likely to increase at the next renewal - simply because you have been involved in an accident. Even if you have a ‘Bonus Protected’ cover, that does what it says, and protects the % bonus you have, but does not protect from future premium hikes. 
Worth enquiring about the lorry insurance reimbursing you in respect of this future expense? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth I have researched similar cars and they retail at around 8500 to 9000 pounds the insurance solicitors got in touch the weekend and I will contact them today with a number of things.

Thanks for the advice re insurance premiums.

• Like 1