b7 3.0 tdi fuel leak

fulham4eva

Hi all,

Finally got the car to start and run (kinda) . 

If I leave the car to just idle on the drive it's fine but rev the car a bit and the entire street is smoke filled.

Also I tried taking the car round the block and it's completely gutless and of course can't see out the back window for smoke.

And about a minute after the car is switched off you can see tonnes of bubbles moving from the high pressure pump in the clear fuel pipe.

Lost patience with it so took it to a local garage who said the car is over boosting, he mentioned the MAF 

They also mentioned a possible bad injector

And they also discovered what they describe as a massive fuel leak, they couldn't see where exactly it was coming from but seconds after starting it and looking in the bay, fuel was sitting in the gap next to the oil cooler.

So I thought I'd try replacing the high pressure pump, thinking the leak was coming from the bottom of it but there's still a leak and I have no idea what around there could be leaking. And too much air in system to start the car atm.

So any thoughts?

Hi have the car read for codes that will tell you most of what you need to know, the smoke is with out doubt a bad injector that has lost its spray pattern, the overboots is caused by the MAP sensor not correlating the information from the MAF, best practise is change them both, the leak sounds as if its between the lift pump and the high pressure pump, some codes would be nice.

Steve.

Thanks for the reply stevey,

We've had the car going again today, had to jump it off another.

After a few tests I'm positive one or more injectors is playing up, so going to send them off to be properly tested. But won't get them back until the end of the month.

I've got vagcom which after a few runs and scans isn't showing anything helpful. I did find some measuring blocks which seems to have issue with 3 injectors being out of tolerance.

I'll see about changing the Map sensor and the MAF once I've got healthy injectors.

We also tried to find the fuel leak and strangely along the edge of the inlet manifold right side it's covered in diesel, and doesn't seem to be sealing right

cheers

Rob