S1 Coolant/Oil Issues

Sunny_92

Hi,

I have an Audi S1 2016 plate. I have only had the car for a few months however I am having to top up my coolant every 3 weeks and recently had to top up my oil after last filling it around 3 months ago. Any advice would be much appreciated? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Sunny_92 said:

Hi,

I have an Audi S1 2016 plate. I have only had the car for a few months however I am having to top up my coolant every 3 weeks and recently had to top up my oil after last filling it around 3 months ago. Any advice would be much appreciated? Thanks 

Hi the water loss sounds like its a developing weep from somewhere, it might be worth having a look around the water pump, the oil usage depending on the milage might be its burning a bit, my A6 does it now she has reached over 100k it all depends what oil you are using mine does it less when I use Quantum 504/507.

steve.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response. I have had a look around the water pump and everything looks to be dry. My car has only just reached 31,000 miles on the clock. The oil I am using is Castrol Edge 5W-40.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Sunny_92 said:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response. I have had a look around the water pump and everything looks to be dry. My car has only just reached 31,000 miles on the clock. The oil I am using is Castrol Edge 5W-40.

Thanks

Hi the milage rules out burning of oil, have you got a dipstick or one of those stupid oil level sensors on the MMI, if its the oil sensor playing up they are garbage mine was telling me my car was overfilled after I serviced it but despite removing a litre of oil it still said overfull so I knew it was screwed and had to replace it.

The only other thing I can think of with the water situation is the filler cap may have degraded and need replacing on the expansion tank, these are vented but when old won't hold the pressure, low cost item so worth a punt, most leaks give themselves away as the anti freeze stains the leak.

Steve.