bleed screw on cooling system

AndyA

Hi all 

Not been here in a while :(..

But i need to know where the bleed screw on my C7 2ltr 2016 diesel is..as i have a small airlock in the system 

Thanks in Advance 

Andy

Hi as far as I am aware there is not one, after my cam belt was changed the mechanic ran it up to temp with the heater on hot then turned it off took the tank cap off and just kept squeezing the hoses either side of the rad and the air came out, then he just ran it again for about five minutes with the cap off and few more small bubbles appeared in the tank, cap back on and that was it I topped it up a couple of days later and its done 800 miles since with no problems.

Steve.

i did the same ..but i have could air sometimes on the drivers side air vent ,( fine on the other vents passenger side and rear cabin vents) then it will go luke warm on the drivers side sometimes which i am sure is being caused by a small airlock.

anyone else confirm the car dont have a bleed valve

regards

PS thanks for the reply

29 minutes ago, AndyA said:

i did the same ..but i have could air sometimes on the drivers side air vent ,( fine on the other vents passenger side and rear cabin vents) then it will go luke warm on the drivers side sometimes which i am sure is being caused by a small airlock.

anyone else confirm the car dont have a bleed valve

regards

PS thanks for the reply

Hi have you changed anything on the coolant side?, if not it could be the climate control unit playing about, Audi recommend vacuum filling of the system which would indicate no bleed valve the only models I know that have a bleed facility are the petrol driven cars.

Steve.

i had the expansion tank off, ..went to collect the wife tonight drivers side of the vents was luke warm all other vents fine :).. after about 5 miles drivers side vent  went cold,, checked rad top hose at wifes work and was cold...going to try bleeding the system tomorrow 

cheers Steve

andy

22 hours ago, AndyA said:

i had the expansion tank off, ..went to collect the wife tonight drivers side of the vents was luke warm all other vents fine 🙂.. after about 5 miles drivers side vent  went cold,, checked rad top hose at wifes work and was cold...going to try bleeding the system tomorrow 

cheers Steve

andy

Hi the thing thats got me baffled is that you have hot air coming out of some vents and not others if the heater matrix pipes are hot and you are getting hot air I would lean towards the climate control as if you had an airlock that was in the matrix they would all go cold, how far do you have to drive to your wifes work as I know for a fact in cold weather my cars top hose is still cold after 20 mins of running it takes at least 30 mins to get to what I class as hot, no problem with cabin heat as the auxiliary heater takes care of that, the only thing I have ever had that caused prolonged heating up problems was when the water pump thermostatic impeller shroud got stuck open so it took about 50 mins in really cold weather for the temperature gauge to go up.

Steve.