Extended Warranty

Hello , I am new member and seeking advice/ guidance . I bought brand new Audi A3 in 2014 and look after with annual service / MOT from main dealership. 2.5 years ago they replaced it with new gear box under warranty. This week it broke down suddenly and the dealership says it needs new dual clutch assembly in the gear box replaced. I believe it should be covered under the extended warranty but the sales advisor thinks otherwise . 
Any thoughts on this as I genuinely believe it should be covered under the Extended warranty due to sudden and expected failure ?  Thanks in advance for your advice . 

Hello Zubair,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum, and sorry to hear of your issue. 
The only certain way of finding out whether this work is covered by the warranty or not is to carefully read through the small print of the warranty handbook/document,  since what they will and will not cover, will differ with different warranty companies - you will find the devil in the detail as they say. 
If I have to prejudge then I would say it wouldn’t surprise me if it isn’t, since clutches would be considered wearing parts, and wear is unlikely to be covered. 
Perhaps you could come back to us with the outcome Zubair once you have studied the warranty cover in detail. 
Incidentally, what mileage has the car now covered? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth. It’s only 57714 miles on the clock . Timing belt was replaced at 40000 miles . 
New gearbox replaced under warranty just over two years ago and the clutch cable is inside the gearbox and it was sudden failure .. very disappointing!!

Many thanks for filling in the detail Zubair. 
It sounds as if this car has been correctly serviced with you from new, and judging by the the fact that the gearbox required replacing (at not much over 40K? miles) it doesn’t sound as if it’s given reliable service in return.

I feel for your plight if you do indeed have to fund this latest repair, particularly since I would guess that the warranty premium itself has not been unsubstantial. 
I think if this were mine, and I find the warranty doesn’t cover the clutch issue, then I would be writing or e-mailing Audi Customer Services and placing the full history of this car before them, and asking for a (substantial?) contribution from them. 
If this fails, and I hope it doesn’t, then I would strongly consider getting this work done at a trusted local garage, since Audi clutch parts alone are extremely expensive in comparison with an alternative -equally good - aftermarket brand/s ( the forum can advise). 
Perhaps you can keep us updated on how you get on. 
Many thanks again for coming back. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Many thanks Gareth . I will update you as I am still waiting to hear from Audi as I discuss with them next steps . All very distressing and stress I could do without.

compliments of the season and Happy new year .

• Like 1