Just bought A4 Avant - Car Phone Question

Martin247

Good morning all,

After being quite pleased with the Audi A5 I've had for the past 2-3 years I decided to get a low-mileage 2009 A4 Avant that was advertised online.

I took delivery of it today and I just noticed there does not seem to be any Bluetooth!

I had foolishly assumed that this would be on it due to the 'phone' button. But now that the car is here I see a blank space in the centre console where I believe may have been a 'car phone' but I am not overly familiar with this model or year!

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get my phone hooked up to the car?

Back in the day it was a 'Parrot' kit to be fitted that would work quite well. But these days I am not too sure.

Thanks!

Martin

IMG_20211223_110200_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211223_110207_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211223_110210_HDR.jpg

Hey Martin you are correct your car wouldn't have had Bluetooth but a car phone has definitely been fitted from factory. The Audi phones are often Nokia ones and you can buy them from eBay

Alternatively you could get a parrot kit or similar or speak to a retrofitter to see if they can install factory Bluetooth into your mmi. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Hey Martin you are correct your car wouldn't have had Bluetooth but a car phone has definitely been fitted from factory. The Audi phones are often Nokia ones and you can buy them from ebay. 

Alternatively you could get a parrot kit or similar or speak to a retrofitter to see if they can install factory Bluetooth into your mmi. 

Thanks for the info!

Do all the phones work? Just found one on eBbay a Motorola: Original Audi a8 Motorola Car Phone Telephone 4E0862393B Phone GK | eBay

Do I need to put a second sim card in it?

7 hours ago, Martin247 said:

Thanks for the info!

Do all the phones work? Just found one on eBbay a Motorola: Original Audi a8 Motorola Car Phone Telephone 4E0862393B Phone GK | eBay

Do I need to put a second sim card in it?

Yea you'll need a sim, and I think the phone should work. I know the a8 and the a6 ones are the same.