Overheating

AYates

Hello everyone, 

Having an issue with overheating on my 2014 A3 2.0TDI. Every now and then It'll over heat but if i turn the blowers on hot and full it runs at normal temp. Coolant hoses to the radiator feel cold as well even after a long journey. I believe this is the thermostat does anyone know the location of the thermostat and if it is fairly pain free to tackle on your own?

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, AYates said:

Hello everyone, 

Having an issue with overheating on my 2014 A3 2.0TDI. Every now and then It'll over heat but if i turn the blowers on hot and full it runs at normal temp. Coolant hoses to the radiator feel cold as well even after a long journey. I believe this is the thermostat does anyone know the location of the thermostat and if it is fairly pain free to tackle on your own?

Thanks in advance

Hi just had a look at my daughters Q3 its a late 2013 but I am pretty sure its the same engine and the thermostat housing is at the front of the engine below/behind the throttle body, its doable as long as you have a decent 1/4 drive socket set and the special hose removal pliers both items cheap on eBay, you will have to remove the throttle body and turbo hose to get at it then its just a case of two bolts and the clips for the hoses to remove it its one of the sealed unit type so you can't take it apart, new unit required plenty about that are quite cheap.

Steve.

• Like 1