Audi A4 B8 Avant Water leak

Martin247

Hi All,

Bit of a problem.

A4 Avant with Pan roof delivered today is leaking from the right side. It seems to be soaking through the fabric from the outside. I also noticed the drivers footwell is now filling up.

Bit of a nightmare as car cost me £10k and the dealer is quite far from.me and unavailable until 27th December.

Any ideas? I read somewhere it could be a drain blockage but unsure where to look.

Its a 2009 Avant TDI.

15 minutes ago, Martin247 said:

Hi All,

Bit of a problem.

A4 Avant with Pan roof delivered today is leaking from the right side. It seems to be soaking through the fabric from the outside. I also noticed the drivers footwell is now filling up.

Bit of a nightmare as car cost me £10k and the dealer is quite far from.me and unavailable until 27th December.

Any ideas? I read somewhere it could be a drain blockage but unsure where to look.

Its a 2009 Avant TDI.

Hi does the roof move back?, if so slide it back and clean the seals with white spirit on a rag, once dry give the seal that side a thin coating of Vaseline and close it, that should shut it up until you can get to the dealer.

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

The dealer is a fair distance from me. I hadn't envisaged taking it back. He seems to want to diagnose the problem with me on the phone when he returns to work.

Not too sure what to do. Is a bit of a nightmare. I can't afford to keep two cars and the other one was going to be sold off. As it stands the old one is a better runner than the one I just bought unfortunately.