Memory Seats, no heating + rear wiper

ash_scotland88

I posted in a facebook group but I feel posts get a couple of responses before disappearing.

I just bought my 2012 A6 Avant. Silly me didn't look for heated seats thinking they'd be standard as the car comes with electric and memory.
1) How can I retrofit? Should the seats have everything (connectors, heating elements etc) ready to go?

I knew the rear wiper didn't work. I can hear the pump/motor going as there's a hum I'm not getting any fluid either. Seems rear motor is a common problem
2) Is this most likely rear motor or is there something else I can check first?

Hi retrofitting seats even if a straight swap will require wiring alterations and coding in afterwards, sit on a hot water bottle its easier and cheaper, as for the motor its probably gone as its a lousy design as the washer feed runs through the spindle for the arm and because the spindle only moves left and right the seal for the spindle out and water floods the gearbox and causes it to seize, I replaced mine a couple of years ago and took the motor apart out of curiosity it was like a rust festival in there.

Steve

Slight disappointed about the heated seats, a lot of (well maybe a few) car companies chances are it would have been a case of plugging it in, upgrading the dash module and programming.

Is there a go to replacement motor?