Audi A3 8p BCCC engine

benton1576

Hello all.

I bought a 2009 Audi A3 TDI 170 and have a few things I’m a but unsure about. Firstly, it’s a BCCC engine and I can’t find any information in them anywhere. 

my steering feels quite heavy. I’m led to believe this can be changed via VCDS, is this correct? 

im getting some hesitation when driving. When I let go of the accelerator, it feels like I’m pressing the brakes slightly and is quit jumpy through the gears. Thats the best way to describe it.

any advise on what could possibly be the cause or is this normal for this type of engine? 

to add, I’ve had cambelt, pump and pulleys done, full service and ran 2 injector cleaners through. I’m going to change the oil again next month as whoever owned this before me completely neglected it and let the oil turn into black paint. It’ll get oil and filter, plus fuel filter every 6 months or so while I own it. 

Edited by benton1576
Missed some bits.

I don't know what a BCCC engine is so I can't help there.

Heavy steering could be caused by low tyre pressures, wrong toe-in, non-standard wheels/suspension. Check those before trying to alter the power assistance.

During acceleration the gear changes should very smooth, almost imperceptible, when changing up. When the car slows and the gearbox changes down it can cause a slight jolt at each change, particularly in the three lowest gears. That is something I have noticed with mine and which I believe is normal. DSG gearboxes were not as refined then as they are now. Don't neglect the gearbox oil changes. The oil is expensive but a lot cheaper than failure of the control unit (Mechatronic I believe it is called).

Diesel engine oils become black very quickly. It took me a while to accept this as normal after years of petrol engines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benton1576 said:

Hello all.

I bought a 2009 Audi A3 TDI 170 and have a few things I’m a but unsure about. Firstly, it’s a BCCC engine and I can’t find any information in them anywhere. 

my steering feels quite heavy. I’m led to believe this can be changed via VCDS, is this correct? 

im getting some hesitation when driving. When I let go of the accelerator, it feels like I’m pressing the brakes slightly and is quit jumpy through the gears. Thats the best way to describe it.

any advise on what could possibly be the cause or is this normal for this type of engine? 

to add, I’ve had cambelt, pump and pulleys done, full service and ran 2 injector cleaners through. I’m going to change the oil again next month as whoever owned this before me completely neglected it and let the oil turn into black paint. It’ll get oil and filter, plus fuel filter every 6 months or so while I own it. 

Hi the black oil is normal and its only the combustion particles in it that make it black which starts as soon as the engine starts after servicing, a gearbox filters/oil change may well improve its operation as wouldn't mind betting its never been changed, gear oil and alternator belts are always the last thing to be looked at.

Steve.