prop shaft center bearing noise

alanwhy

Hi everyone

Just joined up, I have a 2014/15 facelift model A7 3.0 tdi Quattro 272 ps. It has 40400 miles on the clock but its started making a noise while driving. It's like a whine/droning type of noise it starts as a low noise then increases in pitch as I go faster IT/s not a wheel bearing. I'm wondering if it could be the prop shaft center bearing. Has anyone came across anything like this? All help will be very much appreciated.

Hello Alan,

I’m not claiming this is the cause of your issue, but have  you taken the wheels off, and had the tyres thoroughly inspected for defects? Simple first-port-of-call elimination. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Alan,

Sorry to suggest what you have covered - always helps to state what has already been eliminated. 
When this noise gets to its maximum, have you tried accelerating and decelerating to see if the noise alters under these conditions?
Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Pitch increases the faster you go. My next step is to get it up in the air with the wheels of the ground to see if I can pinpoint it better. Thanks for your suggestions though, as I say any help at all.

Alan