jon

Jon I

Hi, first post,

I have a a6 07 2.7tdi.

its has 270000 miles and consumables replaced. Recent clutch.

It has stopped starting altogether, its at a garage who can not find a reason for the non starting.

no codes, electrician with audi software has plugged it in and no faults show, chain good and no jumped teeth, ecu shows as no issue.

Syarting spray used but no joy, most stuff has been checked and is ok, sensors etc.

Anyone any ideas what else to look at? 

even though it old I've done bearing, suspension and it drove great but went from start in the button to not starting.

Any suggestions welcome.

1 hour ago, Jon I said:

Hi, first post,

I have a a6 07 2.7tdi.

its has 270000 miles and consumables replaced. Recent clutch.

It has stopped starting altogether, its at a garage who can not find a reason for the non starting.

no codes, electrician with audi software has plugged it in and no faults show, chain good and no jumped teeth, ecu shows as no issue.

Syarting spray used but no joy, most stuff has been checked and is ok, sensors etc.

Anyone any ideas what else to look at? 

even though it old I've done bearing, suspension and it drove great but went from start in the button to not starting.

Any suggestions welcome.

Hi it sounds like a cam timing issue, yes I know it has not jumped on the chain but I have seen it where when the rocker cover is off the cam lobe buckets have worn to the point where the cam lobe digs into the bucket and the lobe on the cam moves as they are only a press fit onto the shaft which throws the valve timing.

Steve