rear coil spring locator ?

blondin4o

Hi i just fail on MOT and 1 of the reason was 

• Offside Rear Coil spring fractured or broken spring locator also missing (5.3.1 (b) (i))

any idea what part is that because i can't find by that name i got audi a6 2006 avant 2.7 manual.

19 minutes ago, blondin4o said:

Hi i just fail on MOT and 1 of the reason was 

• Offside Rear Coil spring fractured or broken spring locator also missing (5.3.1 (b) (i))

any idea what part is that because i can't find by that name i got audi a6 2006 avant 2.7 manual.

Hi its most likely the turret that is attached to the rear lower arm which means you will have to buy a new arm, alternatively it may be the top spring rubber mount which is also replaceable, a picture would tell the correct story.

Steve.

they show me some piece of rubber which was damage and moving inside on the coil spring. i forgot to make a picture. i found mount rubber but have bottom and top rubber...

Edited by blondin4o

1 hour ago, blondin4o said:

they show me some piece of rubber which was damage and moving inside on the coil spring. i forgot to make a picture. i found mount rubber but have bottom and top rubber...

Hi buy the top and bottom rubber mounts, new spring job done, I would seriously think about getting both rear springs and mounts done as they wear as a set.

Steve.