Cab Fuel gauge

Turlough

Hi people, I have a 1997 2.8 Cabriolet with an intermittent fuel gauge problem.

Sometimes it doesn’t work at all, sometimes it works though isn’t accurate.

I’m hearing faulty sender, faulty gauge or faulty solder joints on instrument cluster.

Any thoughts that would help me narrow it down?

20 hours ago, Turlough said:

Hi people, I have a 1997 2.8 Cabriolet with an intermittent fuel gauge problem.

Sometimes it doesn’t work at all, sometimes it works though isn’t accurate.

I’m hearing faulty sender, faulty gauge or faulty solder joints on instrument cluster.

Any thoughts that would help me narrow it down?

Hi if its working but not accurate it is probably the float on the lift pump getting stuck, removal is fairly easy you can try cleaning the float slide but in all fairness its easier to just replace it once its out and if its the original unit you have probably had all the fun out of it.

Steve.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:39 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi if its working but not accurate it is probably the float on the lift pump getting stuck, removal is fairly easy you can try cleaning the float slide but in all fairness its easier to just replace it once its out and if its the original unit you have probably had all the fun out of it.

Steve.

Thanks Stevey 

yep I think it’ll be explore all possible problems one at a time, think I’ll start with the float and the sender first as they are easier to access but if the problem isn’t there I’ll need to take the clocks out and look for the problem there.

You know what it’s like I was hoping someone would say ‘yes I know exactly what that problem is,  but not so far 😫, not to worry everyday is a learning session 👍🏻

• Like 1