Warning lights relating to the clutch

Craigt1097

Hello everyone, I’m new to TT ownership and I’m hoping someone can help with an annoying issue I’m having.
I have a 2015 2.0 petrol with 30,000 on the clock. I bought her back in March and after 650 mile while on a long motorway drive I warning popped up saying drive system fault.

I get this error every time the car is active but the clutch not pressed for a few minutes. (Stood not in gear, on a motorway and even in traffic when the auto stop/start kicked in. The warning light goes off if the clutch is pressed for few seconds but comes back on again if not used for a few minutes.

Any help would be greatfuly received.

thanks
Craig

11 hours ago, Craigt1097 said:

Hello everyone, I’m new to TT ownership and I’m hoping someone can help with an annoying issue I’m having.
I have a 2015 2.0 petrol with 30,000 on the clock. I bought her back in March and after 650 mile while on a long motorway drive I warning popped up saying drive system fault.

I get this error every time the car is active but the clutch not pressed for a few minutes. (Stood not in gear, on a motorway and even in traffic when the auto stop/start kicked in. The warning light goes off if the clutch is pressed for few seconds but comes back on again if not used for a few minutes.

Any help would be greatfuly received.

thanks
Craig

Hi it sounds like there might be a problem with the clutch master cylinder travel sensor these are attached to the master cylinder to monitor when the clutch pedal is up or down, get it scanned and it normally comes up with a code for pedal sensor implausible signal, the unit is made of plastic which is guaranteed to fail dismally at some point due to age/milage.

Steve.