whooshing noise when braking

ryanpg

Hi there,

I recently had the brake discs and pads replaced on the front of my car on both axles as well, drove the car and immediately heard this whooshing noise when I depress the brake? it sounds like either fluid or air being let out or something? I'm really not sure what it is. If anyone could help that would be appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Hello Ryan from the Homeland,

Apologies, but….discs and pads on the front of the car … on both axles.. is a bit confusing. Could you please explain. 
Also… recently? Have you just had this work done and you’ve now got the problem,  or was it done some little time ago and it was OK until now? 
Whatever, safest advice would be to return it to the garage that carried out the work with some urgency, since it’s always difficult/ impossible to diagnose at a distance and without inspecting the vehicle.  
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Sorry for the bad English haha! I've had the Brake discs and brake pads changed on the front driver side and front passenger side of the car, and yes I had this job done day before yesterday and was fine up until then, no noise nothing. I have uploaded a video of the noise, its more as I let off the pedal than when I depress it. Hopefully, that makes more sense! 

Thank you!

Thanks for clearing that up Ryan. Since you’ve only just had this work done then you certainly need to get the car back to whoever did the work as quickly as possible. Source of the noise? Could be a noise from the servo?? Not sure if they released the bleed nipple to allow the ‘excess’ fluid to escape when forcing back the piston rather than it being forced backwards through the ABS system. 
Perhaps you could let us know the outcome. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.