Trying to re charge AC

Audi adieu

Hi, new member here. 
I’m having an issue connecting to the low pressure port on my 2016 A3. Having delved around the internet it seems I might need some sort of adapter ? 

My 134a gauges fit fine to an seat Leon but they simply won’t stay on to the port in the Leon. 

Anyone else topped up their ac themselves ? 

TIA 

9 hours ago, Audi adieu said:

Hi, new member here. 
I’m having an issue connecting to the low pressure port on my 2016 A3. Having delved around the internet it seems I might need some sort of adapter ? 

My 134a gauges fit fine to an seat Leon but they simply won’t stay on to the port in the Leon. 

Anyone else topped up their ac themselves ? 

TIA 

Hi no as 14 plate on they use a different gas which is not available to the public just garages, if you fill it up with whatver gas you can get hold of it will eat the seals on the aircon circuit.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi no as 14 plate on they use a different gas which is not available to the public just garages, if you fill it up with whatver gas you can get hold of it will eat the seals on the aircon circuit.

Steve.

Thanks Steve  

Can I ask where you got this info from ? 

when I googled what gas it said r134a in a 66 plate ? 

It would explain why there is no plate information saying what gas it is in the car though. 

22 hours ago, Audi adieu said:

Thanks Steve  

Can I ask where you got this info from ? 

when I googled what gas it said r134a in a 66 plate ? 

It would explain why there is no plate information saying what gas it is in the car though. 

Hi I got the info from the garage I use as my system needs a recharge, we have known each other for eighteen years and I asked why he had two recharge units and three lots of different gas, he explained that over the last five years they have changed the gas type three times to comply with E.U. legislation and there is a world of changeover years with no specific start/stop dates, the plus is the new machine purges the existing gas cleans and stores it and then gives a print out of the type of gas used for the recharge so you can use the correct grade, then it pressure tests the system for possible leaks and only once the machine is happy will it recharge the system, thats where the money goes, no more charges and a week later its lost most of it from a tiny leak.

Steve.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:22 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi I got the info from the garage I use as my system needs a recharge, we have known each other for eighteen years and I asked why he had two recharge units and three lots of different gas, he explained that over the last five years they have changed the gas type three times to comply with E.U. legislation and there is a world of changeover years with no specific start/stop dates, the plus is the new machine purges the existing gas cleans and stores it and then gives a print out of the type of gas used for the recharge so you can use the correct grade, then it pressure tests the system for possible leaks and only once the machine is happy will it recharge the system, thats where the money goes, no more charges and a week later its lost most of it from a tiny leak.

Steve.

Thank you for taking the time to clear up.