INTERACTIVE VCDS

1 hour ago, RoyC said:

I have been trying to see how to open EPB with VCDS but so far no luck.

Can any one help please ?

https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.php  

Hi Roy why do you want to one the parking brake system?, thought you had already done the pads and callipers.

Steve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Roy why do you want to one the parking brake system?, thought you had already done the pads and callipers.

I ground all the sharp corners off, painted the callipers and carriers but when I came to fit them found that the callipers and carriers were for a solid disc not the vented disc like I have.

1 minute ago, RoyC said:

I ground all the sharp corners off, painted the callipers and carriers but when I came to fit them found that the callipers and carriers were for a solid disc not the vented disc like I have.

The front ones were ok.

36 minutes ago, RoyC said:

Hi Roy if you will have to get the correct callipers as even if you get the EPB to retract they won't magically adapt to fit the existing discs as the vented brake pads are different in thickness, did you retract the EPB before you dismantled the old calliper set up as if you had the right calliper /carrier replacement it would have been a straightforward case of fitting then reactivating the EPB

Steve.

11 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Roy if you will have to get the correct callipers as even if you get the EPB to retract they won't magically adapt to fit the existing discs as the vented brake pads are different in thickness, did you retract the EPB before you dismantled the old calliper set up as if you had the right calliper /carrier replacement it would have been a straightforward case of fitting then reactivating the EPB

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Luckily, I had the correct new rear vented disc, identical in every way to the original disc.

I tried a dry run on the bench and found that the disc was too thick for the groove in the new carrier and the groove in the new calliper.

I then realized that the callipers that I had were for a solid, thinner disc so I didn't even bother trying to fit them.

I now need to open the EPB to fit the new rear vented disk, no point in waisting it.

When I have eventually got my sand blaster up and running I will clean and paint my existing rear callipers.

6 minutes ago, RoyC said:

I now need to open the EPB to fit the new rear vented disk, no point in waisting it.

Still can't see how to open the EPB with VCDS.

10 hours ago, RoyC said:

Still can't see how to open the EPB with VCDS.

Hi Roy assuming the old callipers and system are still where they were get the VCDS up and running go to non UDS and that should throw up the menu, press settings and go to EPB press that and then go to basic settings and press that it will bring up a clear window which will have a box next to it put in 007 then press go you should hear the motors retracting the piston wait for at least three mins before pressing done, the piston will need prising back like the fronts then commence working at all times you must have a battery charger connected to either the jumper posts under the bonnet or to the battery itself this stops voltage fluctuation which will kill the module for the EPB, the reversal for this is pump the brakes a couple of times and then do all of the above after substituting the address for 006 and again wait three mins before pressing done.

Steve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Roy assuming the old callipers and system are still where they were get the VCDS up and running go to non UDS and that should throw up the menu, press settings and go to EPB press that and then go to basic settings and press that it will bring up a clear window which will have a box next to it put in 007 then press go you should hear the motors retracting the piston wait for at least three mins before pressing done, the piston will need prising back like the fronts then commence working at all times you must have a battery charger connected to either the jumper posts under the bonnet or to the battery itself this stops voltage fluctuation which will kill the module for the EPB, the reversal for this is pump the brakes a couple of times and then do all of the above after substituting the address for 006 and again wait three mins before pressing done.

Steve.

Hi Roy I meant press select not settings.

• Like 1