S3 Battery Dying Due To Media Fuse

Hamez

My car battery is being drained due to an permanently active fuse (F19). 

Currently I'm having to take the fuse out when parking overnight to stop the battery from dying.

I'd rather not take the car to an auto electrician as they can get rather pricy and I do like working on my own cars.

Tried doing some googling but seems as though the issue I'm having isn't common. (could be wrong)

Would this be a case of checking wiring or relocation for the fuse if so how in the almighty do I do this.

I do have suspicions of it being the 6 disc changer in the glovebox staying on but don't want to be taking !Removed! out for no reason.

Not sure what to do currently other than taking the fuse out daily.

67865045440__DF8E53EA-0925-4177-A0FF-1D6DA0A702E7.thumb.JPG.05add40cfac57c9f6ad624881bb511f1.JPG

Some fuses are permanently live for the purpose of powering such things as interior lights and alarm for examples.

I suggest you remove your F9 fuse and check every electrical appliance and system to find what no longer works. That should narrow down the field of culprits. If it proves to be the CD player its supply needs to be moved to a fuse that is ignition controlled.

11 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Some fuses are permanently live for the purpose of powering such things as interior lights and alarm for examples.

I suggest you remove your F9 fuse and check every electrical appliance and system to find what no longer works. That should narrow down the field of culprits. If it proves to be the CD player its supply needs to be moved to a fuse that is ignition controlled.

So when I remove the F19 fuse the car starts fine in the morning but when left overnight it's dead as a dodo. What is the F9 fuse as not got él handbook with me at the mo.

42 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

PS I meant F19 not F9. Slip of the fingers.

Oh haha gotcha.

I haven't run a test as such just know when the car is off and I take the fuse out and plug it back in it creates a connection as you hear the pop.

Update: Not started the car in two days went to start it this morning and it was dead... So it seems as though the F19 fuse isn't the only gremlin. The F19 fuse kills the battery over night but something else is on that killed my battery in just over 48 hours.

I'm not sure what else to check other than to take fuses out manually.

HALP ME !!!!

Hello James, 

Some parasitic drain to discharge the battery in such a short time! Possible suspects are obviously numerous, and it may be time to ‘invest’ in an hour’s time with a trusted local auto electrician. 
Possible ‘worth a try’ ? Remove the alternator fuse Incase you have a fault there. Also worth checking the flexible harness twixt body and tailgate Incase you have fractured wires and partial shorts there - same for driver door harness. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

3 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

I told you how to test it three days ago.

I did this but it's now a new location blood sucking the battery.

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello James, 

Some parasitic drain to discharge the battery in such a short time! Possible suspects are obviously numerous, and it may be time to ‘invest’ in an hour’s time with a trusted local auto electrician. 
Possible ‘worth a try’ ? Remove the alternator fuse Incase you have a fault there. Also worth checking the flexible harness twixt body and tailgate Incase you have fractured wires and partial shorts there - same for driver door harness. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

It's so frustrating I had a stereo issue on my old car was able to fix it easy. 

Everything on this car is stock so it's so bumbacwazy.