Glow plugs light flashing when trying to start the engine also automatic stop strat system fault

Pav8484

Hi. I have an issue with my car. It happened twice since I bought it in May 2022. When trying to start the engine I have a fashing warning light for glow plugs come on and engine won't start unless I press and hold the ignition key until it starts again. At the same time I have a message dipsalying automatic stop start system failure. Any idea what's causing it? Thank you. It's an audi a4 Avant 2014 B8 sline 

4 hours ago, Pav8484 said:

Hi. I have an issue with my car. It happened twice since I bought it in May 2022. When trying to start the engine I have a fashing warning light for glow plugs come on and engine won't start unless I press and hold the ignition key until it starts again. At the same time I have a message dipsalying automatic stop start system failure. Any idea what's causing it? Thank you. It's an audi a4 Avant 2014 B8 sline 

Hi you need to get the car scanned for fault codes that will give you a more definitive idea of whats going on it could be anything between a failing battery to a bad glow plug or a defective EGR/DPF sensor get it scanned and post the codes then we can try and help you.

Steve.