Help! Automatic Audi keep stalling

Tonitee94

Could someone help please, I have a 2008 Audi a6 estate automatic which keeps stalling, when it stalls all the lights come on the dash board to then you have to put it in park, remove the key and wait a few minutes to which then it will start up again sometimes it takes a couple of tries because when i try to start it after I've turned it off nothing happens no light nothing to which then I have to wait an extra few minutes to then it will start and run like there was no problem till the next time it stalls. When it stalls I get no warning that it's gonna happen, I've had it plugged in with a diagnostics kit and nothings showing up, engine management light hasn't came on.

Any idea what it could be

Hello Tony,

Thanks for joining and posting your plea.

May sound daft, but it could be well worth getting the battery efficiency check. Cheap and simple exercise which at least will eliminate it if it’s found to be serviceable. Just as well get the alternator output checked as well.

Let us know how you get on Tony.

Kind regards,

Gareth.