RS6 paint colour. A grumble.

Steve123

I’ve lost, or someone nicked it, the little plastic cover to the drivers door handle keyhole. I’ve now obtained a replacement but it needs respraying.   The advert for the car when I bought it said it was painted in “ James red “, but I’ve always thought that this was a weird name for a car paint so was unsure about it. Internet enquiries had elicited the fact that the paint is called either “ Misano Pearl “ or “ Misanorot Pearl “ . Both of these reds appear in numerous internet sources so it is not a misspelling.   I can’t check the paint code on the car since my local main dealer has taken it for a recall lasting a week. Does anyone have any idea what was behind Audis thinking on these paint names ? 

Hello Steve,

You really need the correct paint code for the car, rather than relying on paint names.

You should be able to obtain the code by requesting a build record via. the VIN. Any dealer should be able to provide that for you.

Getting a good match:- aerosols sometimes (regularly?) result in off shades, so be prepared. Pearls often need a specified coloured primer to get nearer to the end results you hope for.

Kind regards,

Gareth.