Marmite

Swisstony

When I picked up the car a few weeks ago, I knew there was a long list of things I needed to do to get it how I wanted it . 

One of the things that bugged me ( apart from the tonka toy ride height via the wrong wheels ) was the front bumper. I did like it but in I discovered whilst it 'looked ' like an RS4 bumbper, it was in fact a replica. To be fair it has been painted well, the fogs work and it is a good fit but as you did deeper you can see small things that could be improved. So in a search for a front lip spoiler I came across a myriad of spoilers, some terrible eBay specials and knockoff's. I found TRC who do a fab version , alas it is pattern matched to the RS4 bumper which is obviously a different shape at the sides and middle but I thought with a bit of fettling I could make it work so it arrived the other day and I got to fitting it. 

This is the car before 

IMG_0612.thumb.jpeg.a134fe71c3a00b0edc34a5bfba918192.jpeg

The fittings they supplied were superb and it is predrilled. Using mainly bolts I got the spoiler fixed on the sides and then wondered how to fit the middle as there was a gap. But using a little bit of ingenuity used long bolts and black silicon hose as spacers and looks almost factory 🙂

So here it is all done. May not be to everyone's taste which is fair but I personally love it . 

oh and also did my pressed plates at the same time

IMG_0867.thumb.jpeg.4a515a16c88d28833a8ba7586715659f.jpegIMG_0864.thumb.jpeg.dccc8fc0ba20fc2e6c3bd2ef4f070ce6.jpeg

• Like 1

It's like most things, personal choice is what is really all that matters, what one loves another may not so all that really matters is that you like it.👍

It's not one of my favourite aftermarket bumpers to be honest, well it's all fine except for the front foglamp air intakes, they just don't suit the B7 styling, just to square, better suited to B8 platform and beyond.

There are a few RS4 B7 aftermarket bumpers on the market and most tend to be very similar as yours and i know a few guys that have the same item fitted to their B7's, but there are a couple of companies that make an almost exact RS4 B7 front bumper but for the A4/S4 variants, so the wheel arch profiles fit properly, the oem rs4 B7 has wider arches so bumper won't fit.

The splitter you have fitted looks very similar in design as the lower lip as fitted to the B7 DTM which has a nice front bumper .

dtmr1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Just Rob said:

This is probably the best aftermarket RS4 front bumper made for the A4/S4 variant.

See the source image

Tha k you for all your comments as always rob and in the future I will see what bumper would work 

out of interest what bumper is pictured and who makes it ?

it's an  Hofele RS4 Front Bumper, they used to be available direct from Germany as I bought one ages ago and then never used it, not available direct now but can be purchased from companies in the states at low prices but shipping and cost make it very expensive indeedy.

mine cost £900 some years ago before brexit but they don't sell them now, shame as they are really nice and build quailty is probably better than the oem albeit they are Fibre glass not plastic like the oem ones.

And they are designed to use the oem rs4 b7 front grille , so just adds to the quality oem look.

15 minutes ago, Just Rob said:

just another thought, have you considered S4 mirror covers in satin silver, would be a nice touch over the plain black ones.

I haven’t but the idea does sound good 

as you say would break up the phantom black 

10 hours ago, Just Rob said:

it's an  Hofele RS4 Front Bumper, they used to be available direct from Germany as I bought one ages ago and then never used it, not available direct now but can be purchased from companies in the states at low prices but shipping and cost make it very expensive indeedy.

mine cost £900 some years ago before brexit but they don't sell them now, shame as they are really nice and build quailty is probably better than the oem albeit they are Fibre glass not plastic like the oem ones.

And they are designed to use the oem rs4 b7 front grille , so just adds to the quality oem look.

Oh yes I did see those bumpers and immediately dismiss them as a) US imports and b) the cost. dear god, I think for something that could potentially be a third of the cost of the entire car I will just make do with what I have !!  Rather spend my hard earned on the forth coming service costs, maintenance etc. I have pretty got through half of my list so far 🙂