Electric window motor replacement

RobinBoomTrain

Hello Rob,

Thanks for joining and posting your plea.

There are varying views on the importance of the suffix letter with Audi part numbers. It has been claimed that it doesn’t matter, and it simply denotes a later edition of the same part. From my experience, I have found this broad brush view to be incorrect in some cases , so unfortunately you have to take your pick, or depend on luck! 
I guess you are replacing this with a used part, rather than buying new - otherwise you wouldn’t be asking the question -? 
If this is right, if it were mine, I would be asking for photographs to compare before buying, since connecting plugs ( for example) can vary from year to year. 
Sorry, I can’t give you a definite yes/no - you may find it to be the same, or you may not, but perhaps other opinions will give you greater confidence.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

15 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Rob,

Thanks for joining and posting your plea.

There are varying views on the importance of the suffix letter with Audi part numbers. It has been claimed that it doesn’t matter, and it simply denotes a later edition of the same part. From my experience, I have found this broad brush view to be incorrect in some cases , so unfortunately you have to take your pick, or depend on luck! 
I guess you are replacing this with a used part, rather than buying new - otherwise you wouldn’t be asking the question -? 
If this is right, if it were mine, I would be asking for photographs to compare before buying, since connecting plugs ( for example) can vary from year to year. 
Sorry, I can’t give you a definite yes/no - you may find it to be the same, or you may not, but perhaps other opinions will give you greater confidence.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks for your advice Gareth, yes I am replacing with used part from Breaker who says it is the 801C is the right part.

38 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Bob,

Are you are having photos - particularly of the connection? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth

I have looked and I can’t quite see the pins in the connections on the picture.

I might ask them to send me another picture.

if the pins in the connection are the same, would you say that it will work?