Switching from 18” to 19” wheels

Lee Marrs

Hi All,

recently just got myself a 2013 A6 Avant S Line and the car requires 4 new tyres (it was a good deal haha). At present the car has the 18” 5-Twin spoke alloys, but I really want to switch up to the 19” wheels (mainly for a visual perspective) I have seen what look to be the 5-Twin spokes in 19” and am considering this as the cost is similar to x4 new premium brand tyres (so win win). 

but, this is not something I have ever done before and my cars have always had 19’s. Is there anything I need to do with this change or will it be a simple case of having them fitted and maybe having the tracking done?

thanks for the help in advance

Edited by Lee Marrs

Hello Lee,

Many thanks for joining.

Easiest way to gather the information you need:-

There has been a number of posts on this topic, so well worth a forum search. 
Aftermarket wheel suppliers often have tabulated effects of changing wheel diameters. 
Summary - if you increase the wheel dia. you will need to decrease the tyre profile - with potential adverse effects on ride quality. 
Consult your owners handbook where you should find the appropriate tyre sizes for alternative wheel diameters. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Lee. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
There will be other considerations such as offsets.