S4/rs4 grill

Jamie-S4

Hi there just recently bought myself a B7 S4 2005. I'm looking to sort a few things on it one of them being the front grill, the previous owner has fitted the incorrect grill and it doesn't fit the gap. I'm looking to get the honeycomb grill and fog light covers to match. All the ones I see state they do not fit an s4 has any one had any luck fitting one? And possible have a link? 

It also needs two front wings replaced I have priced both genuine  ones and non genuine has anyone fitted the non genuine ones from the likes of euro car parts? What was the fit like 

The S4 uses the same size and fitting grill as the Rs4 and S-line A4's .

Non s-line bumper and the DTM have a shallow grille which wont fit the s-line bumper found on A4's with the s-line kit and s4 has the s-line bumper as standard , rs4 has a specific bumper but uses the same size format as s4/a4 s-line versions.

So you will need either a genuine RS4 grill or another s4 grille , S4 grill has dual vertical bars whereas s-line just has single vertical bars.

Rs4 is mesh.

You will really struggle to find anything suitable in an aftermarket format for the s-line size grilles, and the few that are around are rubbish.

best going with a used or new Rs4 mesh grille but be prepared to pay serious prices for either.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, Steve Q said:

I have aftermarket ones on my A6 and they've done well. Fit wasn't too bad. Genuine ones are very expensive I've found. 

On 11/7/2022 at 6:37 PM, Just Rob said:

The S4 uses the same size and fitting grill as the Rs4 and S-line A4's .

Non s-line bumper and the DTM have a shallow grille which wont fit the s-line bumper found on A4's with the s-line kit and s4 has the s-line bumper as standard , rs4 has a specific bumper but uses the same size format as s4/a4 s-line versions.

So you will need either a genuine RS4 grill or another s4 grille , S4 grill has dual vertical bars whereas s-line just has single vertical bars.

Rs4 is mesh.

You will really struggle to find anything suitable in an aftermarket format for the s-line size grilles, and the few that are around are rubbish.

best going with a used or new Rs4 mesh grille but be prepared to pay serious prices for either.

Cheers for the replies guys much appreciated, I'll have a look at genuine RS4 ones 

• Like 1