Audi a7 3.0 v6 tdi reduce oil level

tay011290

Hi everyone, just got a 2016 audi a7 3.0 v6 tdi 272ps, had it 2 days now and a warning has come on dash saying reduce oil level any ideas how to sort this as I've taken 700ml out and it's still showing. Thanks

30 minutes ago, tay011290 said:

Hi everyone, just got a 2016 audi a7 3.0 v6 tdi 272ps, had it 2 days now and a warning has come on dash saying reduce oil level any ideas how to sort this as I've taken 700ml out and it's still showing. Thanks

Hi the oil level sensor is on its way out, mine did the same and I had to replace it which is fairly easy, mine was showing to high after I had removed a litre, the problem is if you have opened the bonnet at all after removing the oil because of the switch on the bonnet mechanism it will only show the previous readings until you have driven the car a couple of times, if that won't work its the sensor, finest formula belongs to Thomas G on this site when servicing pour in 4.5 litres of oil run it for a couple of days then dribble the rest in.

Steve.

Thanks for the info mate I have drove it a few miles and left it for 10 mins it's now showing oil level OK I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again, I read that it could be diesel slowly filling sump up after a failed regen or turning car off during dpf regens due to them squirting diesel in dpf. But thanks again I'll keep an eye on it .

43 minutes ago, tay011290 said:

Thanks for the info mate I have drove it a few miles and left it for 10 mins it's now showing oil level OK I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again, I read that it could be diesel slowly filling sump up after a failed regen or turning car off during dpf regens due to them squirting diesel in dpf. But thanks again I'll keep an eye on it .

Hi you wouldn't half have to have some aborted regens to start filling the sump with diesel, don't know if the last person to service it might have overfilled it it don't take a lot for the sensor to spit its dummy out.

Steve.

39 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi you wouldn't half have to have some aborted regens to start filling the sump with diesel, don't know if the last person to service it might have overfilled it it don't take a lot for the sensor to spit its dummy out.

Steve.

I'll ring the dealer up tomorrow as it's come back on again I think you are right mate ill see if they can sort it, they should do as its still got warranty. Fingers crossed it good to drive still lol 

• Like 1