A6 drivers side electric seat not working

KP182

Guys,

Looking for some help, the divers side electric seat in my 2016 A6 avant has completely stopped working (all functions) thought it might a fuse but when looked at the fuse panel where the manual said a seat related fuse should be there was nothing there! Any ideas?

Thanks

KP

Hello Kev,

Since you say it has stopped working, then you suggest it had worked previously under your ownership - correct? 
If so, then the absence of the fuse suggests an error in the handbook, or you are looking in the wrong place, since if it was working then there must be another fuse somewhere. 
If indeed a fuse has blown, then it’s done so for a reason, and that reason has to be found first. 
Common issues with seat motors can be dirty contacts in the plug in connectors under the seat, so a good squirt of contact cleaner is alway worth a try. 
Do not ( in seriously large caps) disconnect any plugs, other wise you run the risk of activating the airbags. 
I this were mine, I’d be tempted to invest in an hour’s time with a trusted local auto electrician unless you are very competent with such things. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Yes that's correct but there was water spillage incident not long before it stopped working so probably related, because I can't get the seat to move I can't really get access to the components under the seat.

Much appreciated on the heads up about the air bags as this is exactly what I would of done...

Probably will take it to an expert, just wondered if anyone on here had encountered similar issues.

Thanks

Kev