Strange friction sound from divers side

mlj76

So usually when not accelerating, there is a weird intermittent sort of rubbing sound from drivers side down by wheel, kinds of sound like something spinning and rubbing its like cha cha cha cha (excuse the cha cha Chas don’t know how to explain it lol) does not always do it and it lasts for about 10 seconds so don’t even have time to brake test, pressing clutch does nothing to stop it

also have abs/traction control light on every now and then, and just as I was driving in the wet the wheel on the driver side seemed to jump a little

ive had a look underneath and nothing seems loose or broken!! Any ideas!!!  Audi a4 b6 avant diesel 1.9t

Yep brake pads where shot, good clean of callipers and new pads seem to have fixed the issue

strange though as the side making the sound were In slightly better condition 🤷🏻‍♂️

i did find that someone had cut off the wear indicator wire on the worst side!! And stuck a bit of wire in plug. And now I’ve re connected the new pads I’ve got a brake service light on so guessing past owner had an issue with this 🤦

After seeing them I think both callipers could do with a rebuild, think the one that was making noise is sticking a little bit, not as much after I’ve cleaned them but I fear it will again

On 1/31/2023 at 10:02 PM, mlj76 said:

After seeing them I think both callipers could do with a rebuild, think the one that was making noise is sticking a little bit, not as much after I’ve cleaned them but I fear it will again

Most likely