Both USB ports under armrest stopped working

Ujw

Hello, 

I was on a road trip with Android auto plugged in using google maps whilst listening to music using a USB Stick.

Suddenly my Android auto cut out and the usb stopped reading (says can’t read or whatever in the MMI), the phone’s charging keeps disconnecting and connection whilst it’s plugged in. I think android auto appeared again after I plugged it in again then cut out after another few mins…

Any ideas? I have a 3 year warranty with PeterVardy Carz so can take it there if necessary, but is it needed?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have a similar issue with android auto going off. I've updated my phone and updated to the latest AA version but no resolve. I've bought approved usb cables to ensure an excellent connection. I've been informed by Audi UK that it might be a MMI software update issue but Audi UK haven't stated that it will 100% fix this issue. Apparently no other business can update the MMI system other than Audi. They want £130 just to plugin with no guarantee of the fix.

Good luck

Bob 

2 hours ago, Bobbylew247 said:

Hi I have a similar issue with android auto going off. I've updated my phone and updated to the latest AA version but no resolve. I've bought approved usb cables to ensure an excellent connection. I've been informed by Audi UK that it might be a MMI software update issue but Audi UK haven't stated that it will 100% fix this issue. Apparently no other business can update the MMI system other than Audi. They want £130 just to plugin with no guarantee of the fix.

Good luck

Bob 

Is it just Android Auto? Can you play music via USB?

• 1 month later...

Right my issue is so weird, when I just listen to music, it's perfectly fine, did weeks of just music via USB and no issues.
But whenever I plug in my phone for android auto and listen to music via usb at the same time, they both just cut out about 10-15 minutes into the journey.
They come back randomly but then cut out again, it might take a few hours or even a day for them to come back sometimes.
After coming back, if I only have the USB in, then it's perfectly fine, but if I have both in, then they both cut out again shortly...
I'm just relying on the Audi maps for now. A bit annoying.

Edited by Ujw