Anyone got a spare 8L2837016B?

GrahamSuggett

Hi, 

I wonder if anyone can help / has advice they could offer. 

My son was given his grandmother's 1997 A3 1.6 Sport - 1 owner from new - 65,000 miles on the clock about 4 months ago. It has developed a fault with the driver's door - it can open when the car goes over a bump.  Our local independent garage who have serviced the car for 20 years have identified the part needed - 8L2837016B - now no longer made and difficult to find.  Audi Tradition in Germany have one - DOOR LOCK > Tradition Shop (audi.com) but are refusing to sell to us saying they only deal with commercial garages and main dealers. 

Our independent garage contacted them to be told they only deal with main dealers. 

I contacted our local Audi main Audi Bolton - Approved Audi Dealership | Official Dealers (jardinemotors.co.uk) who said they weren't allowed to buy from Audi Tradition as this was classed as 'After Market'.  So, whilst Audi Tradition will only sell to Audi main dealers in the UK - it appears Audi main dealers aren't able to buy from them - all a bit Kafkaesque! 

Dave in the parts department at our local Audi dealers suggested I try the Audi Owners Club – hence my post.

If we can't fix the lock then the car will have to be scrapped which, given its condition, is borderline criminal. 

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Best wishes,

Graham 

Hi Kev, thanks for the links.  Unfortunately, they take me to Audi Tradition - see the detail in my post - and to Car245 - which is just a page with no option to buy.  There is nothing currently listed on eBay.  I have made a little progress with Audi Tradition and have obtained an EORI number so that, assuming they are happy with the registration, I can import the part into the UK.  They appear to be willing to supply me as a corporate entity rather than a private individual.  If that doesn't work and we can't find the individual part anywhere, then we may be able to buy a driver's door as a whole piece and fit that.

• Like 1