ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

bigtrv

Hi all. 

Which ABS sensors are the correct ones for the Q5 3.0 V6 2008? I’ve seen a few that look identical and have various different part numbers, fitting various different makes and models. 

Just need to know if there’s any differences to look out for with these or a specific part number to get. 

Cheers. 

Hello Trev,

Where are you looking to buy these from?

A specific part number is obviously the cast iron route to getting the correct part, but main dealer Parts Depts. don’t usually give you that unless you buy from them - then you don’t need it! 
Aftermarket suppliers will usually supply via. a Reg. no. Won’t they do that in your case? 
I think I bought a Febi one for our car, so probably worth looking up a phone number for Febi Technical and asking their advice on the correct one. 
If all else fails then an independent should be able to let you know the part number via. diagnostics. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth. 

These are what I’m looking at.

HouYeen Rear Left and Right ABS Wheel Speed Sensor for A3 8P TT 8J Altea XL Toledo Mk3 Octavia Superb Mk2 Golf Mk6 Mk5 1K0927807 1K0927808 https://amzn.eu/d/0amZ6NE

They look like the one I’ve removed (admittedly there wasn’t much of it left by the time it came out) and looks the same as other images I’ve found. But unsure whether they could be different inside even if they are the same outside? 

I’ll have a look at Febi now. See if I can figure it out. Cheers. 

I buy from Amazon, so I get quicker delivery and it’s easier for returns etc. Haven’t bought from eBay in years. 

I’ll check car parts in motion. 👍