Intake Manifold A3 8P

Chr15yb

Hi All,

I have a 2005 A3 8P 2.0 tfsi which has a problem with the intake manifold. When cold starting the car especially on a cold morning, the car is unable to give stable idle revs and they constantly fluctuate. As soon as the accelerator is pressed the car drives ok albeit potentially lacking some power and probably not as fuel efficient. After using VCDS I’ve got several fault codes related to this:

012691 - Intake Manifold Runner Control

P3193 - 002 - Open Stop outside of Valid Range

004248 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor (G336)

P1098 - 001 - Open or Short to Plus

008583 - Bank 1; System too Lean at Idle

P2187 - 004 - - MIL ON

I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to replace the intake manifold along with the sensor and new valves/flaps. Finding the correct manifold is proving a bit more challenging as my engine code is AXX which I believe means that my intake manifold is not vacuum controlled but solenoid controlled? (happy to be corrected on this one).

I’ve managed to source a few from Autodoc but not 100% sure if they are the correct ones but at least one doesn’t have valves. I read that it’s not really worth just changing the position sensor as the flaps on the manifold often get gummed up over time and can cause problems in their own right.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/pierburg/17005179

and https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ridex/15185069

Any advice on this would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Chris

I had the same issues with mine. Once it warmed up tho it cleared. I got the runner flap delete and got them mapped out and it’s been fine since. But this eBay item number 225015577892 ( haven’t figured out how to share link ) says it’s from the axx and has a part number on it. 

Edited by Chri544